Of-2 Spectral Sources (1)
Published: Wednesday 15 March 2006 - Updated: Monday 28 March 2011
To demonstrate emission spectra.
- Spectral sources
- Diffraction grating (mounted on overhead transparency)
- Tesla coil (hand held)
Click on pictures to enlarge.
Various spectral sources are available. These include
- Carbon dioxide
The emission spectra may be viewed using one of the following.
- Direct to show their overall colour.
- Using direct vision spectrascopes
- By placing a large diffraction grating in front of each source
- Viewing the image on a spectrometer (see Of-3)